My bad Zilla. Steve "Zilla Rocca" Zales, 1/2 of Clean Guns, Co-Founder of Beat Garden Entertainment, Blog Rookie of the Year for "Clap Cowards", and not-so ghost producer extraordinaire dropped a gem on me. He remixed Crush Rock, originally produced by Rhythm J. The track received some moderate love over at Hiphopdx.com getting a little under 30,000 plays before the thirst for new music pushed it to the 4th or 5th pages of obscurity. Either way its a crowd fave at all my shows. I was watching football and browsing through my iTunes looking for a Reef the Lost Cauze track and I noticed this remix. I don't know what was going through my mind when Mr. Rocca sent this to me but I obviously overlooked a dope cut. Upon further review (perfect rhetoric for NFL Sunday) the ruling on the field is overturned. Sorry guys. Sometimes I just save as instead of instantly opening in iTunes. I love J's version but the beauty of this version is that besides the dope sample from "Top Yourself" by the Raconteurs, the lyrics can breathe. Reef, Nico, and M.O.G. went in and its obvious. The rock feel never left but those who slept and/or got lost in Rhythm J's heavy rock rendition of The White Stripes "Icky Thumb" can catch up with us as we trade bars and effectively Crush Rock. Enjoy.

Crush Rock f/ Reef the Lost Cauze, Nico the Beast, MOG (Zilla Rocca Remix) - 2ew Gunn Ciz

2 comments:

kasmoney said...

Hot fuckin song.

Anonymous said...

4got how dope this was Ciz. Rhythm J's version always gets play b/c it's on Tailgatin'...but I gotta put Zilla's version in rotation...

MOG